|#1BRJNJan 30, 2004 19:07:46||The title should be self-explanatory. I'll start. More ideas always welcome.|
1) The village PSH punk has joined the Knights of Genetic Purity (because he's tired of getting beat up by the mutant kids). The PCs must stop him before he can use his new 'toys' (Artifact weapons and scrounged armor) on half the village.
2) A known bandit has raided a convoy and took off with a very powerful Thing of the Ancients. The PCs are tasked to go to his usual hideout and see if he is there. If he is, they should call for backup and then try to beat up the bandits.
3) Red Death bands are massing to cross the river and kill everybody they meet. Fight them, or help everybody run away, or save yourself, or help fortify the river crossing.
|#2darthcestualJan 31, 2004 21:29:35||Originally posted on another thread...|
4) Ok, here's one of the first scenarios that came to mind when I read the GWPH. First off, I didn't go for the Blaashes being called Thra, that's a bit too corny even for me, so I went with the old name, plus I mixed in nanotech and a little Slake Moth from Perdido Street Station since those things were friggin wicked!
The blaashes, though radioactive and rather predatory, do produce a rather usefull resource. Nanofactories in the species are powered by the radiation as well as radiate excess energy, but they produce a susbstance that acts as a treatment for radiation poisoning. It's found in their poo. It can be something the PCs home community barters with for the things they need, or perhaps it's vital for the communities survival in an irradiated area, either way it's the PCs job to go collect the droppings, which is of course deep in their territory. Plus, you can figure there could be a mutant or two with the Half-Life or radiation leak mutations nearby...
|#3BRJNFeb 06, 2004 21:59:43||Note: yes, I realize my plots are Cryptic-Alliance-centric. Bear with me.|
5) The local Healer has offered (or asked permission) to set up shop in your village. The village elders - or whoever is in charge - have not yet made up their minds. The village witch doctor is definitely against it. He will not limit his tactics to words alone. The PCs get involved because one of their party needs to be healed.
6) A Bonapartist army is rumored to be approaching the area. Find out more.
7) The Created have found an obsolete (or heavily-damaged) war robot and are trying to fix it up. Testing on live targets is desirable.
8) There has been a drought this year, and the Cursed area upwind has begun generating dust storms. Go to the nearby Taboo land, search the Bones of the Ancients, and find their machines that made Cursed land fertile again.
8b) The search has failed. Help the entire village pack up and move away. Somebody may already live in the place where we will end up.
|#4darthcestualFeb 06, 2004 22:15:08||9) A swarm of nanofactories is producing teddy bears. It's making them out of whatever material is in their path, so there is a "road" of plush toys about 30 yards across that extends to the horizon. It's moving in roughly a strait line at about 2 miles per hour, and headed directly for the PCs hometown...|
10) Raider attack the PCs community, stealing whatever they can get their hands on. It's discovered after they've left that a vitally important code-key was taken. The village elders anually conduct a "ritual of resetting" at the nearby Nuke plant. The ritual resets the plants safety protocols and keeps it from having a meltdown. It's 3 days before the time of the ritual and the PCs need to track down the raiders and get back the key in time or the entire region will be irradiated.
11) In ancient times, groups of environmentally minded people created guardians for endangerd forests and gave them the ability to make the forest grow. The guardians were giant cyborgs that were given plant-based organics instead of the common flesh sheatheing. Often referred to as "Ents" for reasons lost to history, the guardians did their job well, and after the Fall, it was easy to get the plants to reclaim their lost territory. When bio-agents warped the plant DNA, making new species that were more "active" and predatory, the guardians just rolled with it, and make the new plants grow ever faster. A traveller has rode into the PCs town, warning everyone of the coming of The Crawling Forest!
12) An android priest,(programmed with the totallity of whatever given religion as a record) has had a vision!(spontaneous algorithim) He is ravelling the countryside gathering followers and all who will listen as he tells of his message from God and offers to lead them to the Promised Land where they will await the Messiah! Is he genuine? Is he being duped by or under the control of some A.I.? How fanatic are his followers and how many of the PCs friends or PCs themselves decide to join his flock?
|#5lissaFeb 07, 2004 14:44:12||Here's some of mine.|
13. Six bearwyrms(10 at first, but some of them met) have been sighted coming towards the village from different directions. Six hunting parties are being assembled to stop these menaces from attacking the village. Will the PCs help?
14. Your group meets an android who asks for your help in tracking down a crazed shape-shifting android(Stepford) who goes murderously insane every few months and slaughters whatever group of people they are with. The stepford android's tracks lead to your village. There have been a dozen newcomers who arrived in the last 2 months. How do you find the Stepford android before it goes berserk?
15. You find a large collapsed building. Exploring the ruins you find stairs going down. At the bottom of the stairs to the left is a large locked metal door. What wonders of the Ancients does it hold and how do you get in there?
|#6BRJNFeb 13, 2004 21:17:15||16) The Eco-Freaks are attacking a village at the edge of Civilization. The PC party is sent to help. The PCs have to use leadership, not firepower, because they are knights rather than dukes. The village is fortified enough to keep out wild animals (using packed earth, rubble, brambles &c for a wall) and a castle nearby built from wood and stone serves as a post of last resort. One of the Eco-Freaks has Pyrokinesis and will set fire to the village wall. The Eco-Freaks want the villagers to live a TL 1 subsistence existance, and will not negotiate.|
|#7zombiegleemaxFeb 21, 2004 18:54:57||I'm gonna try to use elements from the Polyhedron redux and the actual game here.|
17) A convoy of salvaged hovercrafts has been romored to be moving in the general direction of the PCs. The convoy is a known group of furry bandits whose leader is known only as "Mittens."
18) KA-BOOM! The PCs better figure out what that noise was!
19) A baby chimpanzee in a diaper speaking with a cultured british accent visits the PCs village (or where ever they are). He opens up a public school that teaches illiterate people how to read. The price? One soul! Stop this soul-nabbing ape before he sucks the whole town dry!
20) The town bully, Brickhouse, suddenly grows five feet taller and grows two extra arms. BRICKHOUSE POUND! BRICKHOUSE SMASH! BRICKHOUSE KILL! Stop Brickhouse! After he's been brought down find out what caused that bizarre occurance! Was it radiation? Was it faulty nanomachines? Did he have an overactive pituitary gland? And most of all, will it happen again?
21) Rumor has it that there's great treasure buried inside a building in Nau Yorg. There's only one problem. A brand new force of Nau Yorgers has arrived! They're big, scaly, armed to the teeth and they come from Florida! Rumor has it that they only have two weaknesses. Raw chickens hurled into their mouths and big, stinky stogies.
|#8zombiegleemaxFeb 23, 2004 14:30:36||22) A scientific team was developing a weather altering device. Whatever happened to it. Did it launch or is hidden in some old laboratory. Maybe it's in pieces and the PCs need to find who has it.|
|#9lissaFeb 25, 2004 16:40:08||23. A group of Land Octhofus wants to hire a band of heroes to help them find a special vault of the ancients and if possible gain the contents therein.|
|#10darthcestualFeb 25, 2004 21:42:42||24) A group of mutant scavengers had managed to find an old air shaft that led to an underground Center for Disease Control base. They accidentally activated several dozen bio-hazard drones which have determined there was a huge outbreak of something nasty. So, they began following their programming protocols and began freezing everything. Several square miles have taken on a look of winter, and local weather patterns are beginning to change as a result. Worse, the drones are activating other Emergency BioHazard drones that were still dormant in their long-lost vaults. The drones are beginning to develop a group conciousness as well and have been observed attacking other robots and machines and reprogramming them into biohazard units which then continue the freezing process of the entire landscape. The developing AI thinks that once it freezes EVERYTHING, then it can begin the process of "fixing" whatever biological disaster has occured.|
|#11BRJNFeb 27, 2004 20:49:06||25) On the way to Someplace More Interesting, the PCs notice a faint sound as of thunder but the sky is clear blue and not much wind. After a few minutes, as the noise gets gradually louder, they see pebbles &c beginning to vibrate near their feet. STAMPEDE !!! (Your choice of what - buffalo, Brutorz, lemmings, Hissers, Hoppers, whatever) The PCs have to avoid the stampede, but this may be made more difficult because|
A) the terrain is such that you can only run in the same direction the stampede is going - as in a canyon
B) the stampede and a river are on opposite sides of the party
C) an Ancient building or an upward cliff is nearby; climbing about 3 floors up is safety ... if you can do it in the limited time available
D) the PCs are in a natural low spot and cannot see where the stampede is coming from
E) the herd is HUGE - hundreds of feet across and miles deep
F) an aerial stampede as all the sparrows &c flee a group of hawks
G) the earth vibrations have woken up something carnivorous in the big river nearby, which recognizes the signs of a LOT of food coming up fast.
H) the stampeding beasts have Fear Generation, an unconscious mutation, that operates in a cone ahead of them
I) There is a cliff down to one side of the party and the stampede is pushing them towards it
|#12darthcestualFeb 27, 2004 20:56:31||Oooooooo! An excellent idea for an encounter! It would be a great way to railroad your players into an area you want them to explore, such as your abandoned building, or maybe just over the cliff's edge is a ledge and a cave entrance...|
|#13BRJNMar 05, 2004 20:42:24||26) Insect swarms have a lot of potential in the Gamma World.|
- Army ants in any climate
- any giant insects
- locusts eat anything growing, then fly off
- fish-based bugs could ignore the ground but foul the water
- mini-blaash quote lightning bugs unquote
- the swarm comes, stays overnight, and leaves without damaging anything. A little later, the eggs they laid hatch, and the caterpillars eat everything. Then they chrysalis, emerge, and fly away.
- the swarm has a mutation (pick something that makes it hard to fight) when they are all together
- the village elders have found out that a bug swarm is coming. The PCs are tasked to search the Ancient ruins for a cache of beekeeper suits, so somebody can resist their attacks.
- mosquitos You need a dozen to drain 1 HP, but you can't swat them all fast enough. There are hundreds or even thousands.
- the swarm moves by hopping. They flatten anything they land on, or jump off of. Crop damage?
- the swarm of flyers does a sonic attack on anybody who gets too close.
- the bugs can be diverted by . Find out more from the suspicious xenophobic villagers down the road who made it work for them last year.
|#14darthcestualMar 28, 2004 11:16:10||In the recent issue of Dungeon, there was a Dungeon Delver's map of a dwaren citadel and a nearby goblin hoard region of caverns. I was jazzed. I could so very easily convert this citadel into an old military bunker designed to keep safe the big political/military/corporate mucky-mucks, and the goblins are a pack of degenerate slow-mutants that are their descendants!|
I started this game last night, introducing a group of D20 players to the simplicity of Story Engine. It was a blast. Although they managed to avoid many of the nasties I had hidden about, they got a great sense of anxiety from exploring the old installation, especially when bullet holes and laser burns were clearly visible on the dura-crete walls. The giant Sentinal Cylinders, large columns with dozens of auto-weapon blisters hanging limp at their sides in particular were very spooky as they creeped past them in the cold darkness. Then, the techie of the group decides to go off on his own. He discovers the generator and manages to get it started. The power comes on, and the security systems come on-line. Fortunately for the rest of the group, they had just entered a hallway that didn't have any SCs in there, but the exits are covered, but they have a plan...
This is turning out to be a great adventure! With a nod to Stephen King's Wolves of the Calla, I had them find a couple of sneetches and a lightsaber in the searching the rooms. I'm thinking of letting them find a Poke'Ball if they end up in the right place. :D
Now, let's see if they manage to revive the corporate leaders corrupted by Cthulu-esque nasties that are in cryo-freeze... :88E:
|#15zombiegleemaxApr 05, 2004 13:15:54||Good adventure idea. I wonder if there are other classic adentures to bring to Alternity or GammaWorld.|
I would consider changing A-1 Slave Pits of the Undercity to this genre.
There is alot of possiblity in the slave trade.
|#16lissaApr 10, 2004 17:55:59||(27) The group meets some nomads following a man called Moses. He is leading the nomads to a promised land. What happens after that is up to the GM and the PCs.|
(28) The group finds an famous old amusement park(GM's choice) that is being run by friendly synthetics. Junk or simple devices are the price charged for admission. Food is extra. A synthetic wants to join the group when they leave. What do the players do?
|#17zombiegleemaxApr 12, 2004 20:51:16||29) Based on Thunder the Barbarian show. They enter an abandoned amusement park where an alien "vampire" hunts them one by one.|
|#18lissaApr 12, 2004 21:55:55||(30) The PCs have been asked to scout an area of ruins where activity is occuring. When the PCs get there they find 20 felines, all one species, making crude tent shelters and clearing the area of rubble. What do they do?|
31) What happens when the PCs find a sentient shuttlecraft who likes to travel and wants the PCs to help it explore the world as it now exists. Are the PCs ready for this turn of events.
|#19darthcestualApr 13, 2004 20:32:59||32) General, the insane Brutorz leader of a militant Seekers group is trashing any synthetics they find. They've cornered a small group of androids held up in an ancient factory. Not being programmed as soldiers, the androids are quickly falling to Generals' fierce guerilla tactics. But the androids needed only to buy a little time, time enough for them to get the Death Machine online...|
|#20lissaApr 13, 2004 21:48:00||A Death machine? You need some powerful weapons and PCs to take that on.|
33) A group of 50 Seekers armed with flintlocks and cannons are attacking a small community built near a functioning mechanized farm. The community has few fighters and only a defensive wall for protection. An intellligent mutant bird asks your people for help to drive off the invaders and share the farm's bounty. What do you do?
|#21darthcestualApr 13, 2004 21:53:08||Gamma World ain't for the weak or timid. :D ;)|
|#22lissaApr 23, 2004 17:48:13||That's why the weak get help to fight an opponent too tough for them alone to fight. They're a bit weak but they're not stupid!|
34) A brutorz wants to join your party as an equal. He knows of some abandoned ruins sealed by a steel door and wants to check it out.
35) You find a strange semi-metallic dog digging a hole in the side of hill. He looks up at you and whines slightly and then goes back to digging. Then some dirt falls away partially revealing a buried building. What do you do?
|#23darthcestualApr 26, 2004 20:33:26||36) A Big Nasty is threatening the countryside. The PCs are asked by the village elders to do something about it, but what? The chieftan suggests going to the Valley of Mists to get a powerful ancient weapon of some sort. But the village shaman dissagrees, claiming the Valley is wrought with "demons"! Both argue over danger and superstition, but it's up to the PCs if they want to go. The Valley of Mists is home to primitive mutant cannibals, dangerous plants, and android velociraptors from an ancient theme park. The Valley of Mists gets it's name from several large BattleMech type units sitting in a lake at the heart of the Valley. They are using the water to cool their reactors, producing massive quantities of steam and creating a nearly rainforest type environment in this small valley. Their onboard AIs hae been in sleep mode for decades if not longer, how cranky are YOU when you just wake up? ;) Can the PCs get to the Mechs and salvage them?|
|#24lissaApr 28, 2004 22:25:31||37) There's a cloud of something slowly coming toward your village. The leader wants you to check it out and see if it's a threat.|
37b) It's a threat and you can't stop it. Now what do you do?
38) You encounter a twenty foot tall fire-breathing cat. It decides you are its offspring. It will groom you(head to toe wash, 5 times a day) and provide food for you. It's twice as fast as you are and can easily retrieve you if you escape the den it puts you in. What do you do. PS it's not stupid just lonely.
|#25zombiegleemaxMay 05, 2004 7:38:03||39) Three villages in close proximity are deciding to unite for better protection and mutual trade. But, several minor incidents have occurred to raise tensions amongst the villagers. Who is behind it?|
|#26lissaMay 08, 2004 18:49:08||40) Your group lives near the ocean close to an old dock. One day you see a strange pale human male asking if anyone wants to sail the seas in an ancient submarine for a year. Wages are paid in goods some of it high tech goods. What do you do?|
|#27darthcestualMay 11, 2004 20:46:10||41) A small community is living in terror. For the last few weeks, they've found their people murdered, the blood drained from their bodies and puncture wounds in their necks. "Wambyr!" the old ones say. A farmer who lost his daughter just last night says he got a shot off with his precious rifle at the figure running away from his childs' window, but the round bounced off the monster with a loud "TWANGGG!". Will the PCs help these poor folk?|
The "wambyr" is a medical droid from an ancient dome. Some of the cryo equipment has failed and the robot has strict orders to keep alive the one person in the dome, THE LAST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!
Ok, I admit it, I ripped this one off an old issue of 2000A.D. with Judge Dredd. ;)
|#28lissaMay 12, 2004 18:06:23||42) On a rampage is a huge lizard(200 ft high) with a radiation breath weapon(24d12 dmg) that the elders call Hotzilla(24HD, BA+20, AC20, CN:20, DR15) and fear cannot be stopped.|
|#29uratohMay 15, 2004 21:34:57||43: A six-armed bear with laser eyes has the only food for miles around....a stale box of puppy yummies. he'll wrestle ya for em.|
|#30lissaMay 19, 2004 19:39:53||44) The council of your village has sent your group to establish trade relations with a nearby tribe of people. Only one problem: your group is human and they hate humans. What do you do?|
|#31zombiegleemaxMay 23, 2004 14:13:42||45) The PCs are afficted by an unknown disease which will kill them in 7-10 days. The local healer needs herbs for the cure in an area called the "restricted zone". To complicate matters, each PC suffers penalties from the disease every day until they receive the cure.|
|#32lissaMay 27, 2004 18:20:21||46) The PCs must deliver a shipment of medicine to a nearby village to cure a plague there but someone is trying to stop them. can they get to the village in time to save the people there?|
|#33zombiegleemaxMay 28, 2004 18:58:48||47) The local villages around what used to be Harrisburg, PA are being raided by mutant hunters and gathers from the south. The raiders move in on boats. The PCs track the raiders back to their base of operations, TMI (Three Mile Island). The adventure concludes in the area around the damaged reactor!!|
|#34BRJNMay 28, 2004 21:10:48|
Originally posted by DarthCestual
The Deathlands novel "Rat King" has an interesting variation on this idea. I'll make you read the book to find out what it is. Imagine 5 Cabinet members who are medically incapable of leaving their facility, desperately in need of an Ancient-tech checkup.
|#35BRJNMay 28, 2004 21:16:59|
Originally posted by Lissa
You should find this out only AFTER you arrive. Until now, it was normal for anybody to snipe at (and scare away) members of the other group. But since the recent Sign in the Heavens - perhaps just a solar eclipse - peoples have been less trigger-happy than before. Are the other tribe Arks? They could return the party in an ... interesting ... condition.
|#36zombiegleemaxJun 10, 2004 20:14:48||48) A faction, group, organization known as the "Purifiers" have been spreading their ideas of a pure strain of human to lead all others into the future. They recruit local villagers promising to "purify" them. What are their intentions?|
|#37lissaJun 14, 2004 22:06:52||49) The leader of your village grants your group permission to explore the Taboo Lands to the north. The Taboo Lands are primarily desert and are reputed to contain powerful technology of some kind. You are to find out all you can about the area, the powerful technology and plant and animal life and return to the village.|
|#38zombiegleemaxJun 18, 2004 14:29:12||50) The adventurers are searching for clues to a village need/emergency. While searching the adventurers find a research installation that is/was intact from ancient times. While searching the installation, the adventurers realize that the place isn't completely abandoned. In fact the place is in dire need of assistance from the adventurers. It seems a field of energy absorbing/draining plants are growing wild and draining the energy reserves at an increasing rate. There is very little time left before the bases power reserves are depleted by the field of plants.|
The facility is/was nearly intact and could easily serve as a base of operations for larger, more extensive, adventures. But the plants need to be stopped first. Forging a relatioinship with the primary think tank and its mobile personality (android) could be really important to the future.
51) Once the plants are stopped. Getting more raw material, and refining it for the power plant is a high priority. And can easily pose some interesting challenges.
(you would be amazed how much I did with these ideas)
|#39zombiegleemaxJun 19, 2004 6:47:54||52) PCs are paid to escort a merchant who transports his goods on an old river boat up and down the Mississippi river to villages along the river. (Plenty of encounters and adventure hooks here)|
|#40zombiegleemaxJun 19, 2004 6:47:54||52) PCs are paid to escort a merchant who transports his goods on an old river boat up and down the Mississippi river to villages along the river. (Plenty of encounters and adventure hooks here)|
|#41zombiegleemaxJun 19, 2004 6:47:54||52) PCs are paid to escort a merchant who transports his goods on an old river boat up and down the Mississippi river to villages along the river. (Plenty of encounters and adventure hooks here)|
|#42zombiegleemaxJun 19, 2004 6:47:54|
|#43lissaJun 19, 2004 17:19:47||53)You are exploring an ancient cavern and find a man-made tunnel leading off to the north. Entering the tunnel is no problem and you follow it for several miles before you come to a locked door. Upon opening the door you discover a hidden underground city of humans. What happens next is up to you and the underground people.|
|#44zombiegleemaxJun 22, 2004 1:03:06|
Originally posted by beavis123
Did butthead take over your computer? You know you only have to post a message once, right? We don't need the same message two, or FOUR times. haha
FYI: You can delete your own messages. Just click on the edit button, delete all the text, and then at the top of the page, click the box that says delete. It's that simple. REALLY. haha
This goes for everyone. I guess I wasn't the only one that was having difficulty getting posts to upload properly.
|#45BRJNJul 16, 2004 21:04:23||54) A mad scientist claims he has figured out a powerful tool of the Ancients, called a 'geology bomb' and he can cause the fabled Ancient land of Atlantis (or Nu York or Sattle or wherever) to rise from the depths of the ocean. He could also be planning to raise 'Kago from the lake. Somebody figures out that if the ocean recedes as much as all that, the rainfall will be less. This equals a drought. Not to mention the earthquakes that must occur. Life is tough enough without bringing bad stuff on yourself on purpose. Stop him before he can energize the Artifact.|
|#46fred_skin_dupJul 19, 2004 2:01:53||55. An entire village has been turned into nercophages by an insane apothecary robot in an attempt to save lives.|
56. A take of "The Thing" a village or outpost is infected with a parasitic orgamism. Infected folks can't be discerned from anyone else.
|#47darthcestualSep 16, 2004 20:24:19||57. While exploring some ruins, a PC opens up a container, releasing a swarm of nanotech. The "liquid metal" moves over the PC until it analyzes her. It then sets about replacing any damaged tissue by remaking the area into cybernetic replacements. This can either be the end of it, or the beginning of a potential problem if the nanotech continues to replace damaged areas until the PC becomes an android! Everytime the PC gets hurt, they fix it, but with less meat each time. How long will the PC have before they become Living Metal?|
|#48darthcestualSep 18, 2004 21:00:31||58. A Walking Tower has entered the PCs home territory looking for supplies and fresh blood for it's tenants, who have been trapped inside for generations, and the PCs community is on the shopping list.|
59. Bits of metal from precious artifacts and irreplacable items are dissappearing, ruining several of them. The PCs may discover this after a rather vital piece of their equipment has been damaged, and find it's all over the village. A Clockwhirl colony has infested the town and is making more clockwhirls with the stolen metals. Find the colony and remove/destroy it before they start to cause real harm.
60. Outriders for a trade caravan that left two days ago come staggering and bloodied back to the PCs town. They inform them that WinSeen/Winisleans have have sprung up along the trade route. The nasty and aggresive tangle vines will have to dealt with, or the town could be cut off!
61. It's time for the Festival of the Harvest Moon and a great feast must be prepared, the main course being an entire roast Rakox. The task, the Rakox must be roasted alive, and guess who gets to go capture a live one...
62. At the Festival of the Harvest Moon, the old Master Rologolo, a mutant hamster makes his picks for his "potential" apprentice. Afterward, he returns to his mountain home and in 3 days time, the potentials set out after him. If they survive the trecherous journey up the mountain, avoiding both natural perils as well as the boobytraps Rologolo himself set, he will teach them the secrets of the Firedust-gunpowder.
|#49BRJNOct 01, 2004 23:05:55||63) For this scenario, the PCs must be Mutated Mice or something similar.|
The Badder tribe that holds overlordship over your people is sending the Head Honcho Noble on his yearly visit to collect taxes (read: take the fruits of your harvest) and dispense justice. One of the PCs is falsely accused of a crime and sentenced to death. The other PCs must deal with this threat to their friend's very life. The nature of the death sentence is that the Head Honcho - who has the sole right of punishment - turns the criminal out at the edge of the village and, after a morning's head start, hunts him. If/when he finds his victim, he will kill and eat him ... not necessarily in that order. If the Head Honcho is in a bad mood, he may just eat an arm today and save the rest for tomorrow. Clever PCs may be able to find a way to send the Head Honcho out hunting the corrupt accuser.
|#50Guroth_the_ForsakenMar 11, 2005 13:14:57||Bumpity bump! :D|
|#51mmcmainAug 02, 2011 16:07:42||63. Players wake to find themselves the output of a machine that creates slaves. They are encoded with nanites that ensure their behavoir (disobedience = death). They are sent out to get more "fuel" for the machine: milk from a giant tit mouse. They have a 2 day time limit. Each type of character has a different combination that de-activates the nanites (Humans = drenched in pee, Robotic = subjected to fire, etc, etc.) The players must discover this themselves. The machine is run by three lucky simpletons who found it and have set themselves up an army without understanding how it works. If the players overcome it, they have the machine at their command! Add some opportunities to discover the decoding like "Every time you hit the Giant Tit mouse he pees on you".|