Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Vilaverde and Texeiras (Savage Baronies)by Marco Dalmonte English translation by Gary Davies
Milan (Mealiden) - Travel, adventure, bravery
The Merchant (Asterius) - Trade, wealth, travel, guile, social climbing, messengers
Faña (Vanya) - Patriotism, pride, vengeance
Valerias - Love, passion, fertility, arts
The Ambassador (Masauwu) - Politics, intrigue, diplomacy
1. Vilaverde and Texeiras, also known as the Marine Powers, are two nations based on the trade and on the domination of the sea-routes. For this they act as the preferred channels through which pass the maritime trade of all the Savage Coast. Both are famous for the strength of their navies and especially the great skill of their explorers, and for this are only consider worthy of worship some of the typical Immortals of the Los Guardianos, or that which best embodies their ability and their character. Milan is therefore the Immortal also most worshipped as protector of sailors, together with the Merchant, patron of trade and of the guile of which the Vilaverdans are so proud. Valerias and Faña instead embody the ideals of passion, strength of spirit, will and pride that flows in the blood of Texeirans and Vilaverdans, and completes the quartet of Immortals that these nations are raised to honour. The Ambassador has a secondary role in respect to these Immortals, but re-entered into the number of cults present in the two states, even if it is considered a niche.
2. There are several Texeiran and Vilaverdan colonies scattered through the Savage Coast, each of which has a brief paragraph regarding the cults popular there.
- Bastião das Tartarugas (coastal Vilaverdan colony situated on the cliffs to the south-east of Robrenn, inhabited by humans and tortles): where the tortles pray to their Immortals, while the Vilaverdans have only one temple consecrated to Milan.
- Colony of the Horn (Texeiran territory to the north of Jibarú that consists of Bom Jardim, a settlement founded by missionaries in order to cure the Afflicted, and the Fortaleza da Boa Vista, a penal colony that is present in Trident Bay): the missionaries of Bom Jardim worship Valerias, while in Boa Vista there is present a temple dedicated to Faña.
- Porto Escorpião (Vilaverdan commercial port on the Nimmurian coast, ruled by the son of the Barony of Vilaverde): The Ambassador and the Merchant are the only two cults present in the colony.
- Porto Maldição and Mato Grande (Vilaverdan ex-colony of dubious reputation now independent, situated on the eastern coast of the Arm): a temple dedicated to the Merchant has been erected in the former, and at the moment the colonies mostly worship him as patron of guile, theft and subterfuge.
- Protectorado da Presa (Texeiran colony to the south of Renardy and bordering with Eusdria, which recently has sought of gaining independence with a bloody war, only obtaining devolution of the powers): Faña is the only Immortal tolerated in the colony.
- Terra Leãoça (Vilaverdan colony at the border between Bellayne and Herath): a temple has been constructed in order to gain favour with all the Vilaverdan Immortals, with a chapel dedicated to each Immortal. The majority here however follow the Ambassador, Milan and Faña.