Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Antalian Wastes Campaign Ideasby Håvard
I'm trying to come up with ideas for a campaign that combines the following parts of the Hollow World:
- Antalian Wastes/Antalian Coast
- Beastman Wastes
- Antalian Frost Giant Jarldoms
- Icevale Elves
BECMI: White Ape, Polar Bear, White Dragon, Gold Dragon, Werewolf, Werebear, Direwof, Frost Giant, Snow Ape, Crystal Dragon, Werefox, Wereseal, Wolf, Colddrake, Sasquatch, Actaeon, Animal Heard (Goat, Elk, Caribou, Moose), Giant Ferret, Pixie, Sprite, Giant Weasel, Bear, Gnome, Dryad (Huldr), Nixie (Nökk),Troll (Arctic)
HW: Frost Zombie, Wooly Mamoth, Cave Bear, Giant Eagle, Auroch, Arctic Wolf,
AC9: Lynx, Eagle, Great Eagle, Giant Elk, Giant Fish, Hawk, Giant Hawk, Giant Owl, Raven & Crow, Wooly Rhinoceros, Faedorne, Fundamental, Silver Warrior), Cryion, Garl, Hephaeston, Lupin, Qaurik (& Firelord), Pachydermion (Wooly), Rakasta, Stalwart, Decapus (arctic), Gakkarak (Giant Fir), Ice Wolf, Phantom, Surtaki (Arctic), Thunderhead, White-Fang,
Savage Coast MCA: Goatmen, Jorri (Otterkin), Mythu'nn,
New Monsters: Winter Ghost (As Desert Ghost AC9 p 23, but Water Elemental), Muskoxtaurs (Khuzd's fan expansion),
What are things to explore in the Antalian Wastes?
- Lost Blackmoor City - because every Mystara campaign needs some kind of Blackmoor connection. This could be a remnant of Blackmoor era explorations into the HW. I see it as something similar to the Dwemer complexes of Skyrim.
- Ancient Antalian Structures - A castle made from Ice Crystals, Gigantic Rune-stones,
- Beastman Caves - underground complexes where Beastmen go to become one with primal rage.
- Wooly Mamoth Graveyard
- Icevale Relic - Do the Icevale have something equivalent of the Tree of Life/Frond of Life?
- Tombs of the Immortals - Special sites dedicated to Wotan, Donar, Lokar, Fredar and Fredara
PC Options (BECMI)
- Cleric (May have access to Runes per Gaz7)
- Dwarf (Kogolor)
- Elf-Warrior (Icevale)
- Colddrake (Modified from Wooddrakes in PC1)
- Gnome (PC2)
- Wise Woman (Gaz7) - More on this class here
- Rakasta (Lynxman, Snow Pardasta)
- Lupin (Wolvenfolk, Heldann Shepherd)
What are other ideas for adventures in this part of the Hollow World?