Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
[B/X] Thief Class Updateby Shesheyan
I'm getting ready to do another series of solo sessions (no DM). This time I want to use my Moldvay Basic+Expert sets. Here are my proposed changes to the Thief class.
Flanking Expert : Inflict +1d6 damage when attacking a foe that is already in melee with an ally. +2d6 at level 3, +3d6 at level 5, +4d6 at level 7, +5d6 at level 9, +6d6 at level 11+
Master of Initiative : After all initiative for the round have been determined, roll 2d6 and select either one.
- Climb Surfaces begins at 60%.
- Use Wand starts at 30%.
- All other thieves skills start at 50%.
- Add Racial modifiers
- Add Dexterity bonus when applicable : +1 = +1%, 2 = +2%, 3 = +3%.
- Add +2% per level : Level 1 = +2%, Level 2 = +4%.
- Subtract penalty for unfavorable conditions : -5%, -10% or -15%.
- Subtract penalty for complexity level of lock or trap : -5%, -10%, -15%, -20%, -25%.