Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
As this is a region populated by Elven and Humans I have used both names (Bold is the dominant used version), the other listed next sometimes with a translation).
Erewan, Principality of
As Erewan is elven based it has a lot off affection with trees and the canon map/Gazetteer reflected that, however, there was not the diversity the Gazetteer displayed, as such, with the relaying of the rivers, and the use of the area, this is now better..at least I think.
The Elves if Erewan are great bowyers and fletchers. Their production is limited, but of excellent quality. They produce rare woods, which they sell sculpted at the client’s request, and herbs of a great variety. Erewani art, in all its forms (Poetry, Sculpting, Painting, Music, etc) is the finest in Glantri, and Erewan has the highest literacy level in Glantri. Many scribes and translators live in Erendyl, where paper factories thrive. The Elven scholars are among the best in the land. Thesze Elves produce much beeswax and honey, a large quantity of which is sold to the capital. They are also excellent horse trainers. Traditionally the best and fastest light horses come from Erewan.
Area: 1,260 square miles
Population: AC 1000 - 26,584 AC 1014 - 22,596
Towns: (population values are given for AC 1000 and AC 1014)
Erendyl; Altitude 4500’ (4800/4100), Erendyl was founded in AC 715 and was considered to be inspirited by the layout of Alfheim Town. The town is predominantly human with a small population of elves who handle much of Erewan’s financial and commercial interests. Erendyl lays directly on the main trade routes, by land and water, to the southwest quarter of Glantri and has a thriving economy. Ones first impression of Erendyl is formed as one first approaches and sees the town is protected by a 10 ft. high wall. However this is no ordinary wall but one fitting one protecting a town in an elf dominion. The wall is not of stone but of earth. Not simply an earthen wall, but one adorned in ivy. The wall is known is Wrigley’s Field in honor of the Thyatin poet who wrote of its beauty over a century ago. However unknown to all but a few long lived elves the wall is no simple wall of earth but is actually an earthen shell over multiple applications of the Steelform spell made permanent. The town has three human outer districts around a central Elven district.
Town of Erendyl
Troops; Carlotina’s 4th banner, under the jurisdiction of the Princess of Erewan (Carlotina Erewan).
Selected Villages: (population values are given for AC 1000 and AC 1014)
Ellerovyn (472/553) Ellerovyn is the home of the ruling Erewan family since their arrival in the Highlands. Ellerovyn is a unique elven settlement in that it was (for reasons NO ONE today knows) founded in the sparsely wooded, barren hills of Erewan only a short distance from the desolation, and humanoid infested region of the Broken Lands. Unlike the vast majority of known elven settlements Ellerovyn is a traditional stone, ground based settlement with a stout stone wall for protection. The few trees in the area have been cultivated over the centuries to become Home Trees and do serve as the residences of the ruling Erewanfamily. Due to the proximity of the Broken Lands and the constant threat of raids the town has a large standing guard and every elf capable of defense is considered to be eligible for the Erewan Militia in times of need.
Alassëatya: (634/565) is a large settlement in the woods southeast of Erendyl on the Vesubian River.
Alassëatya is representative of the wooded settlements in Erewan and like all major woodland settlements in Erewan is off-limits to humans unless granted permission to enter. Tresspassing in elven woodlands is considered a Felony in Erewan. Punishable by one week forced labor under supervision of Erewan’s Foresty Department maintaining, caring for, and planting new trees. Alassëatya is 70% elven and 30% woodland creatures such as Centaurs, Pixies and Sprites. The town itself is built entirely into and within the trees of the forest and serves as primarily a social and bartering location for the scattered residents of the woodland areas.
Eruanna: (721/302) is a village in the woods east of Ellerovyn along the border with the Broken Lands.
Canyatar: Altitude 4700’ (818/ 756) is an Elven Forest village in the woods northwest of Ellerovyn.
Norielann; Altitude 4655’ (100/90) is a small village pprofiting from the nearby Canyatar Woods, the farmlands and the main Trail from Nyra to Blackhill&Caurenze.
Kaztaryl; Altitude 4585’ (121/99). Reed/Thatching/Horsebreeding village
Thendainsamen; Altitude 4500’ (212/198) Reed/Thatching/Horsebreeding village, which also trades Crystals from the Wente din.
Bethysyll; Altitude 4450’ (142/85) Reed/Thatching/Fruit village (falls under same rules as Alassëatya.(see the post link below)
Qenildor; Altitude 4425’ (233/185) Elven Farmlands
Talynnyn; Alttitude 4375’ (243/84)Elven farmlands, some fishing and reed thatching near the Vesubian Dikes blocking the Returning River.
Merimyll; Altitude 4500’ (Reed/Thatching/Fisher village)
Olde Erendyll; Altitude 4450’ (5/5) Ruined village fully Elven created 701 AC, but completely population was too large for the small tree village. Abandoned in stages between 715 AC and 725 AC and relocated elsewhere (mainly Erendyl). Now a wooden Ruin, overgrown by nature. Some Elven witches live now here.
Eruanna; Altitude 4450’;(510/45) Specialized in Crystal understanding, use and harvesting. Was a large village until humanoids burned it down recently. They try to recover now (picture GAZ3-TSR2511-AD&D2-Mystara-Glantri Kingdom of Magic page 44)
The Olde Vezubian (Celon Vezubian) This 125’wide mud ditch was the old Vesubian River before the Erewan Elves redirected the river to enlarge fertile areas, and improve the flow/depth of the river. The elves of Erewan, have altered the course of this rivers by using the principle of Darokinian river dikes (summer (low dikes to keep the course of the river as desired) and the Winter dikes (to prevent flooding) forming the Current Vesubian River.The Old Vezubian River, slowly dried up to a much decreased volume but is sustained now only by several creeks. The Olde Vezubian River have reed covered shores and as such reed roofed houses are common along this river, in the city and beyond
Vesubian River (Celon Vesubian) The 400’wide Vesubian River is navigable to river traffic from Glantri City to Trintan and sees heavy ship and boat traffic, especially in the winter months, moving trade and goods to and from Glantri City from the warehouses of Trintan. The elves of Erewan, have altered the course of this river by using the principle of Darokinian river dikes (summer (low dikes to keep the course of the river as desired) and the Winter dikes (to prevent flooding) forming the Current Vesubian River. The Vesubian River have reed covered shores and as such reed roofed houses are common along this river, in the city and beyond
Olde Red River (celon Caraniaur) This 50’wide muddy ditch was the old Red River before the Erewan Elves redirected the river to enlarge fertile areas, and improve the flow/depth of the river.
The elves of Erewan, have altered the course of these rivers by using the principle of Darokinian river dikes (summer (low dikes to keep the course of the river as desired) and the Winter dikes (to prevent flooding) thus forming the current Red River. The Old Red River, slowly dried up but is sustained now only by several creeks. The Olde Red River have reed covered shores and as such reed roofed houses are common along this river, in the city and beyond.
Red River (Celon Caran) The 200-430 feet wide Red river is navigable along it’s whole length along the northern edge of Erewan. The elves of Erewan, have altered the course of this river by using the principle of Darokinian river dikes (summer (low dikes to keep the course of the river as desired) and the Winter dikes (to prevent flooding) to form the Current Red River. The Red River have reed covered shores and as such reed roofed houses are common along this river, in the city and beyond
Both the Red and the Vesubian Rivers are navigable along their lengths along the edges of Erewan and are heavily used for commerce and transportation.
Entulessë O’Celon (Returning River). This very slow flowing river was the old Vesubian River before 1700BC, when the Broken Lands were created and the waterflow was reversed due rising of the Yak’s Spur and Orcus Rex Region.
Celon Vartana-drogwed (Servitor River) (Servile service) This is the old river formed by the Servitor Creek amongst others and is the main (defensive) border to Orcus Rex. The hig walls on the Orcish side make Orcs into practice targets for the bow while they try to climb up or down or cross the 300 feet wide river.
Wente dîn (Silent Creek) From Amon Erewan to The Olde Red River.
Wente Erewan (Erewan Creek) From Amon Erewan to The Olde Red River.
Wente silimā Crystaline Creek From Amon Erewan to The Olde Vezubian River.
Wente Silimā Erewan (Erewan Crystaline creek) From Amon Erewan to Celon Vartana-drogwed.
Wente Thoronraw (Griffon Creek) ) From Amon Erewan to Celon Vartana-drogwed.
Ellerovyn creek (Wente Ellerovyn) From Ellerovyn (Griffon Hills) to Huledain River
Wente Qenildor (Qenildor Creek)
Wente Perfanyll(Perfanyll creek) From Griffon Hills to Huledain River
Wente Eruanna (Eruanna creek) From Amon Erewan to Celon Vartana-drogwed.
Lake Wromm (Ael Ces= Question Lake) . A lake which came to be in a single night with a tremendous roar. Suggested is that a lower cave collapsed due the water erosion on top, which rapidly filled the cave. Now it is a 2 mile long, almost 1 mile wide and more than 330 feet deep dark and cold lake. The lake got its typical name from the Humanoids and the elves questioning how it came to be and what it holds within. A snake-like creature is mentioned, the humanoids say it can fly and is dark green, darker than a green dragon, the Elves think it is a green Dragon. DM; read here the hidden DM info. DM only!!
Merimyll Bridge; 8 horses abreast wooden bridge 0.9 mile length. Direct Trail to Merimyll
Erendyll Bridge; 12 horses abreast wooden bridge 1.1 mile length. Direct Trail to Erendyll
A good trail exists from Erewan to Eriadna which continues past Volnay to Lizzieni in the Principality of Caurenze.
Parth Rohir (Horsefields)
Parth Ellerovyn (Ellerovyn Fields)
Parth Qenildor (Qenildor fields)
Amon Erewan (Erewan Hills)
Gryphon Hills (Amon Thoronraw )
For the Rock ; The Jungfrau see De Glace, Free Province of Glantri
Ever since arriving in the region the elves have been working on converting the land between the Red and Vesubian to one more to their liking. Four large forests exist today where none did upon the elves arrival here. A common method of payment for services rendered is the planting of trees where none stood before and though a map of Glantri shows a relatively clear area much of it is wooded and is estimated by leading Elven treekeepers that forests will cover several more square miles of Erewanian land in the next hundred years.
Eryn Erewan (Erewan Woods)
Eryn Erendyl (Erendyl Woods)
Eryn Canyatar (Canyatar woods)
Eryn Eruanna (Eruanna Forest) As before, this map of Erewan could not have been created without the help of Micky. See here and here.
One final important remark;
Elves mages/wizards/sorcerers or however they call themselves, do not have the need to use towers to display they are wizards, as all elves are capable of using magic, the prefer normal (though often somewhat larger) elven style housing. As thus you will NOT find mage towers in these regions, where elsewhere in Glantri You would find many.