Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Evil Spirit, Lesserby Jamie Baty
Medium Undead (Extraplanar, Shapechanger)
Hit Dice: 7d12 (45 hp)
Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), fly 60 ft. (good)
Armour Class: 17 (+3 Dex, +4 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
Attack: Slam +6 melee (1d10 +3)
Full Attack: 2 Slam +6 melee (1d10 +3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft. /5 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Change shape, darkvision 60ft., materialise, turn immunity, undead traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +6
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 17, Con -, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills: Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Disguise +13 (+23), Gather Information +6, Listen +11, Sense Motive +5, Spot +11
Feats: Alertness, Power Attack, Skill Focus (Disguise)
Environment: Land of Black Sand (Ethereal)
Challenge Rating: 3
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 8-14 HD (Medium) or by character class
Level Adjustment: -
Lesser evil spirits are slightly more powerful than their common brethren. While common evil spirits are often menaces to the Ethengars, lesser evil spirits are dangerous and a threat to most people. When encountered, it is likely that they were summoned by an evil spirit shaman.
Lesser evil spirits rely on deception and trickery to exploit their foes weaknesses, although they are better equipped to deal with a fight than the common evil spirit. They primarily attack with two slam attacks. Evil spirits are proficient with simple weapons, light and medium armour, and shields. They rarely use them unless their disguise requires it.
Change Shape (Su): A lesser evil spirit has the ability to assume the appearance of any humanoid, monstrous humanoid, or fey, but retains most of its own physical qualities. They may also change shape into an animal spirit. A lesser evil spirit cannot change shape to a form more than one size category smaller or larger than its original form. Changing shape results in the following changes to the spirit:
• The spirit retains the type and subtype of its original form. It gains the size of its new form.
• The spirit loses the natural weapons, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its original form.
• The spirit gains the natural weapons, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form.
• The spirit retains all other special attacks and qualities of its original form, except for breath weapons and gaze attacks.
• The spirit retains the ability scores of its original form.
• The spirit retains its hit points and saves.
• The spirit retains any spellcasting ability it had in its original form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components.
• The spirit is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
Materialize (Ex): A lesser evil spirit dwells on the Ethereal Plane in a location known as the Land of Black Sand and, as an ethereal creature, it cannot affect or be affected by anything in the material world. When an evil spirit materialises, it enters the Material Plane and becomes visible and corporal. A materialised evil spirit can be harmed normally. A common evil spirit may materialise 3/day.
Turn Immunity (Ex): An evil spirit cannot be turned, rebuked, commanded or destroyed by a cleric.
Undead Traits: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromantic effects, and any effect that requires a fortitude save unless it also works on objects. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, or death from massive damage. It cannot be raised, and resurrection works only if it is willing. The creature has darkvision 60 ft. unless otherwise noted.
Common Evil Spirits as Characters
Lesser evil spirits have a favoured class of cleric. They may also take levels of druid, sorceror or wizard. Evil spirit magic focuses much on conjurations and summonings. Evil spirit cleric may select two of the following domains: Chaos, Evil, or Trickery.