Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Hutaakan racial workup for 3Eby Andrew Theisen
Unsatisfied with existing mortal races, and arrogantly desirous of servitude, the Immortal Pflarr created the hutaaka in his image. These slender, jackal-headed humanoids live in remote regions of the world, in a highly structured society.
Personality: Even the lowliest of hutaakans considers himself to be enlightened and intellectual, far above any other race.
Alignment: Hutaakans tend to be of lawful alignments.
Religion: Hutaakans almost exclusively follow the teachings of Pflarr. Some extremely remote communities have drifted from his teachings over the millennia, and pay homage to other Immortals of Nithian origins, such as Horus (Ixion) and Ptahr (Kagyar). Rarely, degenerate hutaaka worship Ranivorus.
Language: Hutaaka speak their own language, Hutaakan, which is closely related to Gnollish. It uses the Nithian hieroglyphic system for writing.
Male Names: Jasiteq, Chiphorqa, Kfizen
Female Names: Kfitiqa, Baqateq, Bakitiqa
HUTAAKA RACIAL TRAITS
• -2 Strength, +2 Wisdom. Hutaaka are frail but very spiritual creatures.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, hutaaka have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Hutaaka base land speed is 20 feet.
• Low-Light Vision: A hutaakan is able to see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish colour and detail under these conditions.
• Natural Armour: +1 natural armour bonus.
• Lightfoot (Ex): Move Silently is always a class skill for hutaakans, and they gain a +2 racial bonus on all Move Silently checks.
• Gnoll Blood: For all effects related to race, a hutaaka is considered a gnoll.
• Automatic Languages: Hutaakan. Bonus Languages: Common, Gnoll.
• Favoured Class: Cleric. A multiclass hutaaka's cleric class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience penalty for multiclassing.