Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Great Waste, 24 miles per hexby Thorfinn Tait
Replica map of the Sind, 24 miles per hex from Dragon 169 from the Atlas of Mystara current as of 26 January 2016.
Replica map of the Great Waste, 24 miles per hex from Champions of Mystara from the Atlas of Mystara current as of 27 January 2016.
Replica map of the Wilderness Map of the Great Waste from X4 from the Atlas of Mystara current as of 12 April 2018.
Replica map of the Wild Lands from X6 from the Atlas of Mystara current as of 16 April 2018.
Updated map of the Great Waste, 24 miles per hex by Thorf, June 2005 (Out of Date)
Sources: X4 Master of the Desert Nomads (1983), X5 Temple of Death (1983), X6 Quagmire! (1984), Dragon 169, Champions of Mystara (1993).
Notes on Updated map (Champions of Mystara)
To Do List
Update X4 replica mapand create original colours variant.
- Update X6 replica map, change hex art to old style, and create original colours variant.
- Make an original colours variant of the Dragon 169 map. (Currently not possible due to lack of high quality scan.)
- Make Updated First Era map by combining X4 and X6 maps and incorporating details from the pre-Gazetteer era.
- Check Champions of Mystara, X4, X5, X6 and other relevant sources for geographic details and write notes on the updated map.
- Revise updated map to conform better with Savage Coast maps from Dragon and Red Steel.
About Replica Maps
Unlike Updated maps, Replica maps are exact (or sometimes colourised) replicas of primary source maps. These source maps form the main source material of the Atlas of Mystara, from which all of the updated maps are made. Put simply:
- Replica maps present the world of Mystara as the original source materials depict it, warts and all. No attempt has been made to fix errors of any kind — even typos. Replica maps are always marked as such on this site.
- Updated maps present the Atlas of Mystara‘s consistent view of the world, with all errors, alignment issues, and so on fixed. Anything not marked as a replica map is an updated map.