Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
The Valley of Wolves, 1 mile per hexby Thorfinn Tait
Replica of poster map from PC4, 1 mile per hex by Thorf, July 2008
Updated map of The Valley of Wolves, 1 mile per hex by Thorf, June 2008
One of the only 1 mile per hex official maps produced for Mystara, this map makes for an interesting study of how the official cartographers adapted maps between scales.
Sources: PC4 Night Howlers (1992).
Notes on Updated map (PC4)
- Hex art error - the hex above the Chateau de Morlay is coloured as a mountain hex, but the symbol is that of a volcanic formation hex. It seems likely that this was supposed to be an extension of the volcanic outcrop on which the chateau is built, and therefore a volcanic formation hex rather than a mountain hex.
To Do List
Make an original colours variant of the replica PC4 map.
- Fix the capitalisation on the updated map.
- Make a replica of the Western Glantri 8 mile per hex map from PC4. (Probably near-identical to other Glantri 8 mile per hex maps.)
- Make an overlay image showing the 8 and 1 mile per hex maps together for comparison.
- Add some details to the plain in the top left. (And ideas? The text describes it as a rather bleak, empty plain...)
Thanks to: Ashtagon/Rhialto, Roger Girtman (Gawain_VIII), Joe Mason (JoeNotCharles), Michele (LoZompatore), Hervé Musseau (Andaire), Simone Neri (Zendrolion), JTR (OldDawg), Andrew Theisen (Cthulhudrew)