Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Fighter Class Specialization: Nithian Archerby Håvard
Looking at the Fighter Class Specializations from the Kingdom of Nithia sourcebook, I am wondering if these might need a revision.
The class works as follows.
As Fighter, except:
- +2 to attack with bows
- +2 to damage with bows
- Armor and shield except buckers negate bonuses to hit and damage with bow.
- Helmets (See HWR2 Armor rules) reduce bonuses to hit and damage with bow to +1
- Archers with the Bow Shield skill may use shields with bow.
1) Since all HW characters are subject to certain restrictions, it might be okay to have these classes be slightly more powerful. However, it is still possible to play a Nithian with the standard Fighter Class and he gets no compensations.
2) The RC introduces Bucklers/Kite Shields as separate from medium/round shields and Tower Shields. However, there are no particular rules regarding the difference between Bucklers and Medium Shields. Proposed rule: Bucklers grant a +1 to AC against one attack per round only. If the PC suffers multiple attacks, all other attacks are made against the character as if he had no shield.