Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Fighter Class Specialization: Nithian Spearmanby Håvard
According to HWR2 Spearmen are similar to Fighters except:
- Gains +1 to hit & damage using spears and javelins in melee and thrown
- Gains +1 to hit when throwing weapons lighter than 30cn
- Suffers -1 to hit & damage with weapons heavier than 30cn
Proposed revisoned version:
- When armed with a heavy shield in one hand, spears and javelins do damage equal to one damage type higher (ie 1d6 becomes 1d8, 2d4 becomes 1d10).
- Can only wear Nithian cultural armor and partial armor.
Personally I think the whole idea of weapons heavier or ligher than 30cn is too annyoing. Also, I dont think the benefit is all that powerful. The text in HWR talks a lot about wielding shields so I worked that into their restriction. I also like how this turns them into more of a fighting style almost similar to how later editions of RuneQuest work...