Atlas   Rules   Resources   Adventures   Stories       FAQ   Search   Links

Qeodhar (Kingdom of)

by Hervé Musseau

Location: Northwest of where Alphatia once lay.

Capital: Farend (population 5,000).

Area: 88,791 sq. mi.

Population: 19,000.

Language: Alphatian, Heldannic.

Coinage: Alphatian Standard.

Taxes: Baron Norlan imposes an income tax of 20% on everyone of servant status or higher and an import tax of 2% (this tax only concerns goods coming from outside the Confederation and does not concern goods from Karameikos due to a trade agreement between that nation and the Confederation). 10% of it officially goes to the Imperial Treasury, but in effect Norlan declares only about half of what he really collects, so only about 5% of his income goes to the Council.

Government type: Semiautonomous monarchy owing loyalty to the New Alphatian Confederate Empire since Nuwmont 13, AC 1014.

Industries, Description, Notable Sites, History, Flora and Fauna: See the PWAs.

Important Figures: Norlan (King of Qeodhar, General of the Army, First Watcher, and secretly Chief of the Special Force), Mariella (Queen).

Updates for the years 1013 and 1014 AC: After having enjoyed years of independence, King Norlan reluctantly agreed to join the New Alphatian Confederate Empire in the year 1014, when he realised Qeodhar was one of the last territories of now-sunken Alphatia that was still independent from the Confederation and became convinced that the Council had set to retake all Alphatian territories-by force if diplomacy didn't work.
Norlan didn't want to lose his time attending the Council meetings, however, but what he didn't know is that this would prevent him from discovering Alphatia's survival within the Hollow World-something that could also have explained his wife's disappearance.
Baron Norlan didn't want to lose the power his small army brought him, however. Thanks to a trick he managed to keep control of 40% of it-and even created a secret service. The other 60% (i.e. the Army) are now under Broderick's control. Baron Norlan has thus split up his army into three distinct bodies: the Army, the Watch and the Special Force.
The Army represents 60% of the total numbers, and is placed under the jurisdiction of Commander in Chief Broderick of the NACE.
The Watch represents 30% of the old army, an is in charge of patrolling the cities, arresting people and similar duties. Although watchmen can use arms and armours, they are not considered an armed force and as such remain under Norlan's control.
The Special Force is a secret service, mostly spies and assassins, who are basically the most able 10% of the old army. They don't have any official existence, and their actions are always covert ones-few people know that force exists.

See Also: DotE, M1, PWAs (esp. PWA3 for latest information), nace, nace1314.