Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Fighter: High Level Options - Warlordby Giampaolo Agosta
Nice write-up, Havard. I think the Eldritch Knight is reasonable, although it overlaps a bit with the Forester. The Knight and Champion are interesting, but I think skills should be left out of the equation, since they are an optional component of BECMI. Also, while the premise of removing land ownership is reasonable, I think there should be an option focusing on it -- and/or the Dominion/War Machine rules.
In this sense, it would be interesting to have a Warlord class option, replacing the Champion's extra skill slots with some relevant abilities, such as:
- Loyal followers: the warlord gets a +1 bonus on the Retainer reaction table, and can hire 2 more retainers than his Charisma score would otherwise allow.
- Noble administrator: the warlord add his Charisma score twice to the Confidence Level of any dominion he rules. If he is instead hired by a dominion ruler as a Seneschal, he adds his Charisma score to the Confidence Level of that ruler's dominion.
- Military leadership: the warlord adds 2 to the Leadership Factor of a force he leads.
- Military expertise: the warlord gets one (possibly more as he raises in level) special ability based on his experience in the field (a lot of this takes inspiration from the strategy computer game, Hearts of Iron):
- Terrain Expertise:
- Mountaineer: +5 to combat results in hills or mountains
- Winter specialist: +5 to combat results in snow or cold weather
- Desert fox: +5 to combat results in sand or hot weather
- Ranger: +5 to combat results in forests
- Doctrines (the following options are incompatible with each other):
- Offensive Doctrine: offset forced march fatigue penalty by -5
- Defensive Doctrine: additional +5 to combat result when applying a Terrain Modification
- Style (the following options are incompatible with each other):
- Cautious: -10% casualities taken, -5% casualties inflicted
- Reckless: +5% casualties taken, +10% casualties inflicted
- Cavalry Leader: +5 to combat results when leading an attacking force that gets bonus (b) to the BR
- Infantry Leader: +5 to combat results when leading a defending force that does not get bonus (a) or (b) to the BR
- Artillery Leader: -5% casualties when leading an attacking force that is Harassing or Assaulting with artillery
- Special Forces:
- Mixed forces Leader: +5 Special Troop Factor if the troops are at least 30% Elves or Dwarves
- Commando: +1/6 chance of foraging
- Political Expertise:
- Revolutionary: x2 effect of subversive activities on enemy dominion's Confidence Level
- Staunch Nationalist: 1/2 Confidence Level loss from enemy subversive activities
- To be completed