Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Ylaruam Campaign ideas from other publicationsby Giampaolo Agosta
I once DMed a short-lived Ylaruam campaign, based on Al Qadim materials. Several Al Qadim short adventures are quite easily adapted to Mystara. I'd recommend the following:
- From "Corsairs of the Great Sea":
- To Steal the Steel: a caravan adventure, may be easily adapted to work for either a land-based route from Dengar to Ylaruam, or for a mixed sea and land route, as in the original adventure, starting somewhere in the Sea of Dawn and moving by land from Jaboor to Abbashan;
- The Vizier's Turban: a short comedy/investigation side-trek, can be staged in almost any town or city, provided that the local ruler is a woman.
- From "A Dozen and One Adventures":
- Flick of the Tail: a short light-hearted investigative adventure, can be staged without modification in any port town -- Tameronikas or Cubia are recommended, but Jaboor or Fabia would also work.
- Nine Flawed Sapphires and Invitation to a Funeral: a pair of closely linked short adventures, the first an investigation, the second an encounter with the undead. I run both in Jaibul (Sind), with little adaptation needed.
Note that "Corsairs of the Great Sea" is available free of charge from the WotC website, and so it the adventure "Caravans" (though that covers the mid level range).