Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Known World BC 1700, 8mphby John Calvin
Map of the Known World, circa BC 1700, 8 miles per hex by John Calvin, September 2011 (Work In Progress)
1) The triggered by the elves has created the Broken Lands (which swallows up King Loark's Horde). The landscape is devastated - I'm not sure if the destruction should be spread even further. My original BC 1000 map has the same spread of destruction, so if that is the case, then maybe we need more in this era.
2) The Land of Black Sands is created by the LRoF. It is currently small, but will continue to grow throughout the centuries.
3) The first troll/giant migrations into the Northern Reaches happen at this time.
4) Ethengar is an interesting place during this time. Akkila Khan (southern steppes) allies with the Ethengar to fight off Loark's Great Horde which is moving in from the north (through Norwold and Antalian territory). Later Akkila is betrayed by his own allies.
5) There is still a lot to do on this map - city placement and borders still need to be worked out.
- Mystara BC 2300
- GazH Project
- Ancient Nithian Kingdom
Thanks to: Thorfinn Tait, for providing some wonderful graphics to use in all of our mapping projects, Hugin for his work on the GazH project, James Mishler for his early work on Ancient Nithia.