Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Known World BC 1720, 8mphby John Calvin
Map of the Known World, circa BC 1720, 8 miles per hex by John Calvin, September 2011 (Work In Progress)
1) The major geological events of the BC 1700s are over and most of the shorlines in southern Brun are identical to those in the modern era.
2) The Great Plateau is completely destroyed in BC 1720.
3) The Thanegioth Archipelago is in its modern day formation with many separate islands. The power of Adhuza is broken in the area at this time.
4) Ethengar is an interesting place during this time. Akkila Khan (southern steppes) allies with the Ethengar to fight off Loark's Great Horde which is moving in from the north (through Norwold and Antalian territory). Later Akkila is betrayed by his own allies.
5) There is still a lot to do on this map - city placement and borders still need to be worked out.
- Mystara BC 2300
- GazH Project
- Ancient Nithian Kingdom
- CM9: The City of Deep Swamp
- Collection Towers
Thanks to: Thorfinn Tait, for providing some wonderful graphics to use in all of our mapping projects, Hugin for his work on the GazH project, James Mishler for his early work on Ancient Nithia. Thanks to Havard, DJ Hartel, and RobJN for participating in this discussion and helping to develop this map.