Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Known World BC 1750, 8mphby John Calvin
Map of the Known World, circa BC 1750, 8 miles per hex by John Calvin, September 2011 (Work In Progress)
1) This should be just after the first major geological event that sinks Taymora. These events will continue until BC 1720 until the final event gives us our modern shorelines.
2) The ruins of Isshum are still on this map, but they will finally disappear under the sea in BC 1720.
3) The Great Plateau is mostly crumbled at this point. It will be completely destroyed in BC 1720.
4) Taymora has broken up into three major islands. These will be broken down into the familiar Minrothad and Ierendi islands by BC 1720.
5) The destruction of the Great Plateau has changed the course of the "Streel" river as well as the shape of Lake "Amsorak". These changes in water flow have helped to create the Malpheggi swamp.
6) The river Nithia has changed the terrain in the Ylaruam region. Silting by the river has pushed the shorelines further out into the sea.
7) The Bridge of Oost has sunk, leaving Oostland island.
8) There is still quite a lot of tweaking to do on this map. I need to add BC 1750 cities, and especially focus on the new Taymoran terrain.
- Mystara BC 2300
- GazH Project
- Ancient Nithian Kingdom
- CM9: The City of Deep Swamp
Thanks to: Thorfinn Tait, for providing some wonderful graphics to use in all of our mapping projects, Hugin for his work on the GazH project, James Mishler for his early work on Ancient Nithia.