Atlas Rules Resources Adventures Stories FAQ Search Links
Skills: Work Stationsby Håvard
This thread is related to the Revised General Skills thread, but since we're not finished discussing the concepts introduced there I thought it might be better to start a new thread here.
The concept of "work stations" is borrowed from a certain video game, but it makes sense to link them to skills. Some, such as Wizard's labs and libraries already exist. I have included prices in case PCs should wish to install one in their home.
WORK STATION SKILL OR CLASS PRICE, RENT PRICE, BUYING Smelter: Profession: Mining 200 gp Forge: Craft (Various) 10 gp Grinding Stone: Craft (Weaponsmith) 10 gp Tanning Rack: Craft (Tanner) 10 gp Alchemy Lab: Arcane Knowledge (Alchemy) 500 gp Wizard’s Laboratory Magic User 500 gp Sage’s Library: Knowledge 1000+ gp Wizard’s Library: Arcane Knowledge 500+ gp Craftsman’s Workshop: Craft (Various) 500 gp Cleric’s Altar: Cleric 1000 gp Druidic Stone Circle: Druid 1000 gp Bedroom: Any/Healing 30 gp Kitchen: Craft: Cooking 30 gp Brewery: Craft: Brewing 100 gp Scribe’s Bench: Magic User, Cleric, Druid 20 gp Animal Pen: Animal Handling 50 gp Falconer’s Mews: Animal Handling: Falconry 50 gp Stables: Animal Handling 100 gp Chopping Block: Woodcutter 5 gp
- Smelter: Prepares metal ore into forgeable metals. Related Skill: Profession(Miner)
- Forge: Allows creation of Weapons and Armor. Related Skill Craft (various)
- Armorer’s Workbench: Allows Armor Repairs. Related Skill Craft (Armorer)
- Grinding Stone: allows Weapon Repairs. Related Skill: Craft (Weaponsmith)
- Tanning Rack: Allows Preparation of Leathers . Related Skill: Craft (Leatherworking)
- Alchemy Lab: Allows creation of magical potions. Related Skill: Science (Alchemy)
- Wizard’s Laboratory : Allows enchantment of Arcane Magical Items, and identifying such items.
- Sage’s Library: Allows gaining insight into mundane areas. Related Skill: Knowledge
- Wizard’s Library: Allows gaining insight into arcane areas. Related Skill: Arcane Knowledge
- Craftsman’s Workshop: Allows creation of mundane items related to that Craft. Related Skill: Craft
- Cleric’s Altar: Allows Creation of Cleric’s Magical Items
- Druidic Stone Circle: Allows creation of Druidic Magical Items
- Bedroom: Allows healing recovery of 2 HP per level*, or more if cared for by a Healer. Skill: Healing
- Kitchen: Allows preparation of food. Skill: Craft (Cooking)
- Brewery: Allows Brewing of Beers and liquirs. Skill: Craft: Brewing
- Scribe’s Bench: Allows creation of magical Scrolls.
- Animal Pen: Allows keeping and training of Animals. Related Skill: Animal Handling
- Falconer’s Mews: Allows the keeping and training of Falcons, Hawks, Owls and other birds used for hunting. Related Skill: Animal Handling
- Stables: Allows the keeping and training of Horses. Related Skill: Animal Handling, Riding
- Chopping Block: Allows chopping of Firewood. Woodcutter’s Axe required. Related Skill: Profession: Woodcutter
Ideas or suggestions for more such workshops or work stations (in lack of a better term)?